X-HDL 4 is the premier Verilog <=> VHDL bi-directional translator. X-HDL performs translation of even the most complex RTL/gate-level code efficiently and requiring few, if any, "hand tweaks" of the translated code. X-HDL also contains specialized algorithms which are very effective in translating behavioral-level code to functionally equivalent target-language code.
- Provides both GUI and command-line modes
- Performs automatic hierarchical translations as well as file-at-time translations.
- Translates structural, RTL and behavioral code
- Preserves comments with placement nearly identical to the source
- Consistent code formatting with user customizations
- VHDL'87 or VHDL'93 syntax generation
- Verilog-2001 syntax generation
- Code alignment controls
- Indentation controls
- Line wrap controls
- Supports component libraries
- Smart overloaded subprogram handling
- Intelligently determines if translated Verilog tasks/functions are local or global within the VHDL.
- VHDL conversion function filtering
- Conversion definitions to support user-defined translation
- Support for pre- and post-processing scripts to enable user-specific translation needs.
- Integrated hierarchy browser
- Integrated text editor
- X86 32-bit Linux
- X86 64-bit Linux
- MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7